Every day I ask:
How can I make the most of this situation?
Stressed, overwhelmed people find it hard to take in info. Don’t make people think or work hard with yours.
1. Add a “current status” message to your homepage
- At or near the top of the page.
- In a bar or in a box.
- State if you’re open for business or not.
- List changes to normal service.
- Added new offerings in response to coronavirus to help people? Tell them!
- Consider linking to a dedicated clean landing page like status.mywebsite.com that has more info (letter from CEO, status updates, relevant FAQ). (Interested? Email.)
2. Reduce, reduce, reduce
- Ruthlessly cut copy down to what you need to communicate.
3. Think “How can we help people differently?”
- Create a one-page highly-practical printable resource.
- Adapt services/offerings.
- What can you move online now? What can be built online now?
- Does our website reflect our business? Does it portray trust, expertise, and authority?
- Use Zoom and Calendly for online appointments and meetings.
Email me or book a call.
We’re in this together,
Get actionable tips to grow your website
Thoughtful weekly insights (no hype!) on improving your website